Why is this site dedicated to objecting to the proposed housing development in the Parlington Estate?
Lots of answers:
- The entire area is in a designated Green Belt.
- The area is a highly regarded for its natural beauty.
- It is a scarce resource in the locality to enjoy countryside walks along with a bridleway and cycling route.
- It is home to many species of wildlife.
- It has some magnificent examples of specimen tree planting from the eighteenth century.
- There are numerous structures of importance for our cultural heritage.
- The Deer Park location although turned over to agriculture, remains largely as it was since before Henry VIII.
- Some of the existing estate houses are listed, as are some of the important estate structures, e.g. the Triumphal Arch, and the Gardens House.
- Many more, which will be set out on this site as we progress towards a decision.